
This one was made for the SAS-y Layout Design Challenge - Week 1 at SAS.
I tried to keep the LO simple, well because my sneakers and I are fairly simple too ;)
Journaling:
"Do you remember the Song “These Boots are made for walking”?
Well, my Sneakers are made for Dancing. And Hanging Out. And going to the Movies, or to Dinner. They love to go Shopping, go get Icecream, and visit with Friends.Overall, my Sneakers are made for Everything that is Fun."
(Capitalizing words like that is a habit of mine to change up the text visually... and to quiet my inner German that keeps screaming "Nouns need to be capitalized!")
I did not introduce any outside elements, actions or styles into this LO.
I used a mask to show the white background behind the paper, easing the parts of it that I did not want to show (which essently means to use a paintbrush with black, painting over the parts that are supposed to vanish. black=invisible, white=visible. it's is easier to correct mistakes if you use a mask because you can just paint over your mistake with the other color. also, you can use brushes set to less than 100% opacity to blend and fade), creating the crumbled white edge.
I then used another mask to cover up all the parts of the picture that I did not need (stone floor with moss).
Then I tried a trillion fonts for the title, settled on Bernhard BdCn BT, and started playing.
I overlayed it with 2 different papers (dotted one and darkest paper). I erased parts of the darker paper to make it look sprinkly and dark around the edges and oversharpened it a lot. Also adjusted the contrast to make it even darker and get an inky edge to the title.
I probably used 10 layers all together and some things I plain don't remember... ;)I then switched to another font and wrote down the journaling, referring to the song that jumped into my head and sparked the whole layout.
Resources
JulieO - Feeling Welcome
Fonts:
Bernhard BdCn BT
DSP Mel's World Font (Club Digital August 08) by Suzanne C. Walker

